Note Carefully in Respect to Personal Information
This document relates to your personal information, collected by Make Me Slick as part of the sign up process and your use of Make Me Slick services, and held by Make Me Slick as part of our day-to-day business dealings with you. Some of the personal information that Make Me Slick holds may be the same information as that which you enter in your Make Me Slick database, however our information is not collected from that source.
Only you and your nominated representatives (which may include Make Me Slick employees) have access to your database under normal operational circumstances.
Make Me Slick (“we”, “our”) provides services and products in the salon management and information technology industries. Part of this service provision requires us to protect your privacy. From 21 December 2001 the Commonwealth Privacy Act contains new sections that we are bound by. They concern a number of principles in relation to the protection of your personal information and in how we must deal with our customers in relation to this information.
Personal information held by Make Me Slick may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile numbers, e-mail address, bank account and credit card details, details of your services and information we require to perform our services for you.
Sensitive personal financial information entered into Make Me Slick’ will not be used or disclosed by Make Me Slick except as authorised by you to perform our services for you.
Should you choose not to provide personal information we may not be able to provide you with the services you require or at a sufficient level that we regard as important for performing at best practice.
How Make Me Slick Collects Your Personal Information
We may collect personal information:
- In conversation with you and your employees, in person or by e-mail, fax and telephone
- From third parties such as your employees, related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives
- From publicly available sources of information
- When we are required to do so by law
- From our own records of your usage of Make Me Slick services
How Make Me Slick Uses Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used to:
- Provide products and services to you
- Collect payments and to administer your account
- Provide you with updated or new information about our products or services
- Conduct creditworthiness checks and/or fraud checks
- For development of existing and new products and services
- Maintain and update our business infrastructure and systems
- Market our Services to your Customers
- Actively promote our other products and services to you. If you do not wish to receive such communications please advise us by email at: email@example.com
When Make Me Slick Discloses Your Personal Information
In providing our products and services, or collecting and using your personal information, we may be required to disclose some of your personal information to organisations outside Make Me Slick. Such organisations may include:
- Outsourced service providers
- Your legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors
- Credit- and/or fraud-reporting agencies
- Organisations providing you with credit or financing
- Our legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors
- Regulatory, government and other authorities as required by law
- Our related organisations
- Other organisations involved in:
- Managing the sale/transfer of all or part of our assets or business
- Managing our trade receivables
- Managing our business, funding and financial affairs
Accuracy of Your Personal Information
We take reasonable precautions to make sure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. We appreciate notification of errors, omissions or changes in your personal information. This is especially important for information required for us to communicate with you, such as a change in name or address.
Security of Your Personal Information
Make Me Slick takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some notable measures to ensure the security of your personal information include:
- 128 Bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection encryption
- Daily backups of the Make Me Slick database
The security of this information is also dependent on your own measures to protect your Make Me Slick product passwords from disclosure and unauthorised use.
Access to Your Personal Information
You have the right to access any of your personal information that we hold, with some exceptions as allowed by law. To obtain a copy of this information, write to us requesting the information and we will provide it to you. Make Me Slick reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the provision of this information.
By continuing to use and/or pay fees to Make Me Slick, you consent to Make Me Slick maintaining, using and disclosing your personal information as described in this document.